Are people always telling you about the great travel deals they’ve got?
Do they come back after two weeks on the beach enthusing about how little money they spent? Having trouble working out how they get hold of fantastic last-minute deals?
It’s not as difficult to find cheap discount holiday travel as you might think. A little bit of planning and research is usually all it takes.
Although you can find good deals in high street agencies and travel publications, online travel agencies are usually the best way to find great holiday prices. Operating an online travel site incurs much lower overheads than running a shop or placing adverts in newspapers and those cost savings can be passed on to customers. The benefits of searching for discount travel online can include:
• Easy comparison – it’s easier to compare prices between online sites than high street agencies.
• Better prices – online travel agencies can usually offer much lower prices.
• Straightforward booking – nearly all internet travel agencies take bookings online so you can book your holiday without any fuss.
• Ticket-less bookings – low-cost airlines reduce costs in a variety of ways, including making check-in easier. This means that in most cases you won’t get a ticket if you book online, so you only need your confirmation number and some photo ID to board.
There are lots of online discount holiday travel websites to choose from, and it can be difficult to tell the good from the bad, but if you make sure that the site you’re using complies with the following criteria, you should be on safe ground:
• Registered with a recognised professional association
• Display registered office address and non-internet contact details
• Offer a secure payment system
By spending a little time looking for a good deal, it is possible to join the thousands of people that are benefiting from cheap holiday travel.